View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
WhiteBlazer01
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Website to consolidate icons, tweaks, mods, etc. Assistance needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
sounds like a great plan esp for newbies like me lol would have made my life a lot easier BUT!! going through all those threads help you to learn a lot more and troubleshoot the smallest problems
Very true, I personally learned a lot by reading through countless threads. I'm thinking more along the lines of single location where one can browse different icons, tweaks, themes, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
hmm that sounds like a REALLY great idea. But i think you're swimming upstream on this one pal!

What we need is a community based system that can add and edit entries, something that we can't do on your standard forum because of posts.

So I had this little idea where instead of having a gang of threads come and go and get cluttered up and wait for the OP to clean up their post to add all new entries, to just run a wiki. Yah easy huh?

Check it out

http://ppc-repository.wikispaces.com

I am literally adding only what I run which is a little selfish of me i know, but why throw stuff up i know nothing of? Sign up, log on and add to it!

GL

BTW you don't want to do anything html or otherwise based because the time it'll take you to create content if it isn't automated will pretty much suck the life out of the project. This is why i choose a wiki. i am actually searching for free wiki software i can run from my bsd server. THAT way i don't have to worry about what's posted, hosted and transferred.
I looked through your page, and I think it is a wonderful idea. It would definitely be easier if information can be submitted by anyone signed up.

On a similar note, how would one submit files or images? One could technically link to the original forum post, but I think a link to the original forum post should be used as reference and discussion. I suppose one could direct link the download file, and post an image hosted elsewhere. Hmmm... I'm liking this idea more and more.

And I agree on the HTML comment. It would be far to time consuming.

EDIT: looking through your site further, how would one add their own content?

EDIT2: I like the way this website is setup for the themes (although I think it would be easier to view all the thumbnails in a row). http://www.thetouchblog.com/TF3D/main.html I would like to do something similar to this, but for themes, icons, etc....

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 01-14-2009 at 09:43 PM.