View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
highlife22
Regular 'Geeker

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Force 1x, Hybrid or EVDO EASY MODE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintozoz@hotmail.com View Post
I had to force 1x on my phone, since I live in a horrible location and my phone would jump back and forth between 1x and EVDO killing my battery in less than 4 hours. Looking around the interbutts, I found this tip. Works on our Diamonds and should work on every other phone.

It allows you to make a menu option for easy forcing of either type of phone connection. I do not take credit. I'm simply reposting

---
Here is the Registry edit for enabling Hidden Phone Settings "Mode of Operation" option to pick 1X mode only.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting

Change the option HiddenModeOperationPage from 1 to 0

Then go to Phone/menu/option/service/and check in the list, "Mode of Operation" should be at the bottom. You have 3 choices, Hybrid, EVDO, and 1X.
---

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-445859.html

haven't gotten to test battery differences... But it's working fully on 1x. I don't mind internet speed loss, since I barely use it.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/smilies/headbang.gif

Most of your cooked roms will have this already added and you'll find it under your services menu.

Its exceptionally helpful when your out in the middle of no where. Right now I'm in a 1x area just on the rim of ev and yes locking in on 1x to keep from bouncing back and forth in poor service areas helps you preserve your battery. If you are in a primarily 1x area on the outter rim of ev its a great tool.