View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Cicatrize
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sorry, I don't like the Touch Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaked21 View Post
I use to have a PPC6700 and I've had multiple blackberries. I watched about every review I could find on the Touch Pro before deciding on it. I went to some verizon stores, but all they had there was the plastic display model, which doesn't do me any good. I have to say, the Sprint version does look and sound more appealing than the Verizon version of Touch Pro. The fact that it has a such a small screen kind of defeats the purpose of it being VGA, in my opinion. My brother got the Omnia yesterday and it looks like it may be a better choice for me. I do like the 5.0 megapixel camera that the Omnia has. That will keep me from having to carry my digital camera everywhere I go. I do a lot of hunting and fishing, so I like to take a lot of pictures while I'm out.
Having 5 MP doesn't really mean anything, honestly. At least not enough that you could replace your digital camera with it. The problem is that cameras on phones will never be good enough to compete with SLR's and even digital compacts. The sensor is too small on a camera phone, which doesn't allow enough light to reach it, and the colors will never look that great. These cameras on phones have post processing that sharpens the image and brightens the colors which is why they don't look too terrible, but the photos also don't have that sense of "reality" to them. And.. if you were to take the same shot with your digital cam, you'd notice the difference. Trust me, my Nikon D60 takes photos that by comparison make my TP look like a toy camera for a 5 year old. ;p

Just don't go for the Omnia because of the 5.0 MP camera...