View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 12:37 AM
kidFromBigD
PPCGeeks Regular

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Microsoft Exchange (Push) ONLY works with Juggalo's ROM for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterisgod View Post
<snip>

Can anyone identify the possible difference in Juggalo's ROM that is causing this to work where it won't for stock/Juicy/Mighty?

I'm sure I'll get a few "well if it works, just stick with Juggalo's ROM" replies. However, that's not the point. I'm really looking to identify the difference.
I feel your pain.

My Diamond syncs with Exchange-based email very well, running Mighty 4.1, and previously on Juicy 3.x and 4.x.

While I cannot pinpoint exactly the differences between ROMs, I can suggest something:

On the device, open your "Comm Manager" and toggle(turn off, then turn on) the "Data Connection", and then toggle "Microsoft Direct Push" in that order. In the past, this was enough to kick start the receipt of emails immediately.

Of course, make sure email handling on Active Sync on your PC is set to "When New Items Arrive"

Hope that's clear. Give it a shot and report back your findings.

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 01-13-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Clarified a thought or two...