View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:48 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Warranty: Best Buy Vs Sprint

Best Buy's insurance was the same as Sprint's when I got mine... and I wish I hadn't chosen Best Buy.

Reason: Best Buy had more TP's in stock. The keyboard on my TP failed - clearly a manufacturer defect as the phone was still pristine. I was past my 30 day initial period. I went back to get it replaced under their policy. They refused to exchange it for one in the store and because it was a manufacturer defect, the best they said they could do was send it into HTC for me.

So what was I supposed to do for weeks without a phone? They offered me a loaner phone with a $150 deposit, and they refused to pay the two $18 handset upgrade fees that Sprint was going to charge for changing to the loaner phone, then to the new TP when it came back.

So, $36 + $150 deposit, weeks without it. I would rather have paid Sprint $50 and recieved a new one right away. They wouldn't even have charged me the $50 on that one because it was a DEFECTIVE PHONE.

I was tempted to walk outside the best buy, smash the phone on the concrete, and walk back in with it and ask for an exchange.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 01-12-2009 at 03:52 PM.