View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 AM
dman9271
N00b

dman9271 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help a New Treo 700wx user!!

Ok, so I got my phone and now cant figure out how to download and use different programs. I downloaded a bunch of the programs listed in the downloads section but cant seem to figure out how to use them. My first problem is that my 700wx doesnt recognize most the files. It only seems to handle CAB files. Right now I have an EXE file that it wont open. Also, I have a PRC file, jad and jar files, msi., and RAR files. Is there a program I can get that will read these files?? I thought if I had WIN RAR or something like that it would read them but I tried to download RAR and it gave me an EXE file that I couldnt open. Lastly, when I downloaded TCPMP to watch movies it said that the version was not compatiable with my treo. I made sure that it was the newest version and everythign but it still wont work. Does anyone know why this would happen? Is there a different program I can use to convert a regular DVD into a format that would play in teh windows media player that is loaded on teh treo??

Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it. I really like this phone but I think im a little over my head in the different types of files and funcitonability of it.