View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
weedahoe
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Just bought a XV6800 off ebay but complications arose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael201 View Post
I posted this in the general forum but i guess i should've posted it here.

i just bought the xv6800 off ebay and naive old me thought it was brand new and the seller told me it was a $50 replacement and it still has a warranty card for 12 months since November.
You paid WAY too much for any 6800, period. Whether it is a replacement or not means nothing. Ive been watching 68s sell on ebay as I was thinking of selling mine and all the ones Ive been watching sold between 100-150. So how the hell did you manage to buy one for 227+shipping is beyond me.

Quote:
Here are my problems. Asurion sends out only refurbished phones! I think I payed a lot for a refurbished phone,
Asurions does not always send out refurbs as I got mine BNIB from Asurion. SO dont let that fool you.

Quote:
I'm thinking about asking the seller to give me a discount of at least $30 if not $50.
Good luck. You agreed to his terms of the auction and to me, there was no misleading. The phone you got is new.

Quote:
Secondly I don't know how the warranty will transfer. My understanding was that Asurion was a subscription service not a one time thing. I'm just worried the warranty doesn't transfer with users.
To my knowledge, is wont transfer to you. Sorry

Quote:
From what I've read in the past people have terrible experience with them so I would like to know if that's still the case.
Terrible experience with who? Asurion or the 6800s? Either way you need both right? I had several 6700s replaced and never had any issues. Again, my 6800 I got from Asurion was new and I havent had any issue with it either.

Quote:
What should I do? I am losing faith in the idea of getting reliable XV6800 for a fair price. Maybe I should just wait for a different phone and buy a temp phone to replace my broken phone for now.
Other than you just feeling bad about the auction and you jumping too fast and paying too much, I dont see where you said you actually have any issue with the device itself. So I am assuming it works fine and is cosmetically ok with you. So if you got a device that you wanted and works ok, I dont see the issue.