View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM
jerryyyyy
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Connect the 6800 to your car?

I use the ProClip mount (expensive) for my car plus the Sony cassette connection. I have an older SUV [ML320 1998] with a cassette player. The Proclip charges the phone and also has an output for the cassette. I think the cassette audio is better than an FM connection, which I tried and you have to change frequencies as you drive around and it is basically scratchy. If you use headphone (BT) none of this is a problem, but I do not like to drive with headphones all the time.

I do have to agree that all this crummy set of ad hoc connections make the iPhone attractive if you have a car with an iPod attachment. I just cannot function (tether etc,) with an iPhone. Furthermore, with the latest WMP codecs I get extremely high quality sound from this set up and headphones... BT also very good followed by cassette then FM. I do not have all the technical details on the cassette and it probably depends on what head unit you have in your car. I believe mine comes through as Dolby Digital OK.