View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
monkeyboy
PPCGeeks Regular

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery and commmgr shell tray icons: want to remove

I recently picked up a used Hermes (8525) and have put the Faria WM6.1 ROM on it. For the most part I'm happy with it (Thanks!)... although there have been a few unexpected freezes...

But in the interest of less clutter, I would like to get rid of the little bar of icons on the bottom of the Today screen (shell tray). I think I found the registry entries that govern what I'm trying to do: Remove the battery and CommMgr icons from the Shell Tray (ShowIcon=0, Keep=0). But something keeps on changing those entries back to 1's upon bootup. How can I stop that? (I do wait before softresetting...)

update: I guess I found a few "solutions", all seem to require "active" hiding of the bottom bar, and it seems all have their issues (Dcinobar, NueNoBar, etc). I don't know why this is such an issue since it doesn't seem to be a problem with my Touch or Tilt...

btw, Dcinobar seems to work okay though others report some issues, and NeuNoBar, while cute, ultimately screws the Today screen up bigtime... didn't try traydisplay or vjtoggletoday yet...

Last edited by monkeyboy; 01-10-2009 at 11:16 PM.