View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
kevdawg
PPCGeeks Regular

kevdawg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
What ever happened to 640x480 and 624MHZ?

I remember when this technology came out and I was so excited since we were finally getting major upgrades to these little beasts. Dell was the king of high end PDAs for the longest time. My last PDA was an Axim x5 (which was a major upgrade from my iPaq 3635). I fell off the earth for about two years and decided to live in a foreign country for a while. I came back and couldn't wait to check out the new technology that had come out. My options were limited but i searched for something i wanted greatly. I was however excited to find out that Pocket PC Phones had come down drastically in price and had become more common. I remember contemplating buying an XDA II with the slide out keyboard for some outrageous price like $600. My current PDA is the PPC6700 which now that i have customized the ROM makes for an outstanding device. I just wanted to rant a little.

Axim X5 had the following:
400 Mhz
240x320 screen
64MB RAM / 48MB ROM
1400mAh Battery / Removeable

PPC 6700 has the the following:
PXA 270 416 MHz Processor
240x320 screen
64MB RAM / 128MB ROM
1350 mAh / removable