View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
aesoprock00
PPCGeeks Regular

aesoprock00 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Duplicate Characters when Typing

it's a hardware issue. many many people experience this, and it's one of the primary reasons a lot of people have switched away from the Mogul. unfortunately my hardware keyboard is basically useless now due to this. my FN, y, t, space, and several other buttons just do not work anymore or send numerous duplicate characters. basically, i have to use the on screen keyboard now because it's impossible to use the keyboard. there are some fixes around, but i've found that they hurt just as much as they help (after installing one of the fixes, some keys started working while others stopped). a hard reset doesn't help either, nor did going back to an older ROM.

i'd switch to another phone (sprint has offered to give me like $175 towards a new phone for my troubles) but i can't be without a phone for the time it'd take them to send me a new one, and i don't want another Mogul if it's just going to do the same thing. it's a shame too, because the keyboard and the lack of RAM are the only issues i have with this phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.