View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 AM
weedahoe
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: How much ram does you IE use.

It must be normal because my IE does the same. and Yes I use MemMaid but as said before that is used to "reclaim" used RAM after the app is no longer in use. What the OP and I are talking about is how much the app consumes while in use. I have a GUI of how much RAM I have available on my Today screen. On average after a reboot I will have 18-19 free. If I go and use IE it will immensely consume Program memory. Please dont confuse that with Storage memory where cookies and cache go. After I have used IE for a while I will be down to 1-2 free. What is interesting is open IE and then go to a website and then immediately go to where you can view your memory. For me I have an icon on my Today screen. For some of you, you will need to go to Start -> Settings -> System -> Memory and then watch how as the website loads the free RAM trickles down to nothing. Again, this is what the OP is referring to. However, with mine doing it as well. I would have to say it is normal, which does severly suck BTW.