View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 02:05 AM
burrito
Lurker

burrito is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy New here, new to Windows Mobile OS...Help!

Hi everybody,
well i'm two weeks into using my htc mogul and i'm not as confused as i was in the beginning, but then again, i'm more confused than i was in the beginning! my story--i've had a mac for forever, but i use my sister's pc a few times a month, but just using internet,etc. and... the only other smartphone i had was a palm centro. maybe you can understand why i have....lots of questions.

i'm trying to understand the windows mobile OS, but there's so much i just can't grasp. here's a question for you all - what things are, for the windows "baby", absolute necessities to understand about this OS? Registry...start menu, short cuts.

i hope it's okay to ask some questions in this thread.

Internet Explorer was fine, but now that i've used it a while and have added some apps, it's freezing up right away. i'm using Opera 9 instead and that's working well. I also tried Net Front and Skyfire. I like them both, too. Can anyone explain what's up with Internet Explorer freezing? Is it something I need to do with settings?

I have Sprint Music Store that came with the phone. too bad the sound is so bad on this phone! that's my biggest disappointment in the phone. I used it once, and after that, I cannot use it anymore. The store launches okay, but if i try to preview anything, nothing plays. INstead, I get an M508 which is a mystery to me.

I guess the Music Store is a java app, cause it's with I the java version of Opera mini installed on the phone (it came installed). I don't use this opera mini, is it okay to uninstall it? And, how do I uninstall it? It's not among the "Remove Add Program" app, and I haven't been able to find/uninstall it using MemoryMaid or Pocket Mechanic.

Which brings me to another question, are these good applications? Is there anything you'd recommend over these for utilities? I like them because they're so user friendly.

Is there a stand alone uninstaller application you'd recommend for me? If the music store isn't working and i don't need operamini, i'd like to uninstall them, as well as some other programs i'll never use, like Excel.

I seem to be missing some apps that i installed. they were in the Programs file on my Device, but a couple of them just disappeared. When i searched, i found only the .cab files and had to reinstall? i wonder what i did???

Picture mail is kind of not working. I can't send pix via Messaging, but can send pix using my gmail account. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

These are just the first few questions I have, there are more where these came from, and i'm sure more are just around the next corner! I'd really appreciate your help, I need your help...

oh, one more thing....my bluetooth file exchange doesn't work with my Mac, but i found a work around with this thing called airshare.

the disk that came with the mogul isn't compatible with my mac, so i am not sure what i'm missing, and if it's something i should know. i think it's regarding Office?

thanks so much for taking time to read all my questions. they probably sound real lame to most of you so thanks for putting up with me! i look forward to learning from you all.

carrie