View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 07:43 PM
MaryGladys
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remove the Yellow Focus from the Taskbar...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
whats the reg. to get rid of the start menu yellow. nice tab icons. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Yeahman , nice TP background, called lady TP. Sktool will allow you to change that yellowish and replace it with a color of your choosing, in your case I think it may be background related
Thanks, you guys - ancient wallpaper from Windows 95 days :-p.

There are a couple ways to change the Start Menu colors....You can either disable the large HTC menu by going to Start > Settings > System > TouchFlo and REMOVING the checkmark from "Enable large Start Menu" - this is my preferred method.....

OR....

If you dig the chunky Start Menu but not the Yellow color.....you can change it via the Registry.

First, go to the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\EnlargeMenu

Pick a color here: http://www.2createawebsite.com/build...colorgenerator

Copy the Hex code and place it for the following keys. Make sure you have HEXIDECIMAL selected!

"ManilaCustomHlDown"=dword: (hexadecimal)
"ManilaCustomHlUp"=dword: (hexadecimal)

I have n issue if the color starts with a 0, it comes out a little squirrely. But the other colors work!

Anyhow, hope this is handy.

An example is the HTC green...it is color 178227...

HBenz, thanks for the SKTools idea, but why should I buy the software if it is probably only a reg setting I need to change? Thank, though.

Last edited by MaryGladys; 01-03-2009 at 07:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.