Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSLICK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
It stays on Gmail.com, but on our phones, they disappear after you sync again, even if you haven't read them.
Ahhhh, very interesting. I have not tried to use Gmail with Pocket Outlook since I am using Flexmail. No issues on FlexMail at all. But I am also using "recent:username@gmail.com" so maybe that's it.
I didn't use "recent:username@gmail.com" and the "old" messages still disappear after every sync...

Best option is to only use Manual sync for Gmail.
If you don't put recent: before your usename, it will delete all your emails on your phone everytime it sends and receives.
But it will archive mail which you download if you choose "When messages are accessed with POP archive Gmail's copy" in Gmails Forwarding and POP.

If you do put recent: in front of your username, it will not delete your emails on your phone with every send and receive, but it will not archive or delete Gmails copy.

This really stinks, does anyone know how to get this to work correctly?
I want Gmail to auto archive every email I download with my phone and for it to not delete everything on every send and receive.

The only work around I have found out, is to make a new folder within "Manage folders" on your phone. You then have to cut or copy and paste any emails you want to save into this folder.

Or you could just use "recent:" and manually sync your gmail, which sucks.