View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Omnia Hacks / Tips / Tricks

I figured I would start a thread to put all the reg settings, tweaks + tricks into one place!! I will fill in all the ones I have found in the past, but here are just a couple to start the ball rolling....feel free to contribute!!!

Screen sensitvity has been talked about a lot, and I ran across this just last night, so I haven't tried it out yet (I am waiting until I have time to work)!! As with any reg setting, I suggest doing a backup first, or keeping the old settings someplace for 'fixing' any possible problems no tweak is guaranteed to work, or not cause issues on your device, like anything else, they are at your own risk!!

For anyone that needs to do a hard reset and are at a point where they can't get to the icon for it in the menu:

Switch off your phone, Hold the CALL-END and the CALL-MAKE buttons simultaneously, don't let go of them, power on your device, keep on holding until you see the format screen, then release the buttons and make your choice. however this will not format your "My Storage" drive.

NOW:

HIS SCREEN IS ALMOST TOOO SENSITIVE!!

this is what worked for him:

Improve Screen Calibration (sensitivity)
1. Open your Registry Editor(PHM Registry Editor)
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/
3. Click on CalibrationData
4. Value Data change to > 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872
5. Click OK to save it.

You may also wish to copy down the old data before you input the new one.
His OLD Value Data was 505,512 172,875 163,147 846,148 829,876 and yours might be different a bit.

I will report back after I try, but there have been others over at Howard's forum + Modeco saying it does work!!

*edit* There have been mixed results being reported, so this may/may not work for you, as I mentioned, please play safe and always have a backup!!

*NEXT*

The author of this one has joined the community!! Welcome Adrynalyne and thank you for the file, I am sure your work will be appreciated!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Hey, that original .reg file I made in the today 2 post is broken (sammy2.zip). Use this one instead:
The file that controls Samsung Today 2, secst.dll, is already on our device. So...if you install the Samsung Today 2 cab floating around, you are adding ~700kb of unnecessary wasted space, because you aren't overwriting the ROM file, really.

All is needed is to create a registry entry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ Samsung Today 2]
"Order"=dword:00000003
"Flags"=dword:00000000
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Options"=dword:00000001
"Type"=dword:00000005
"Selectability"=dword:00000002
"DLL"="secst.dll"

Thats it. Doesn't even require a reboot. This may also be the answer to those having issues with Samsung Today 2 on their VZW Omnias, too.

I was unable to import a .reg file with PHM registry editor, but if you have an app that can, here is the .reg file. (attached as 'sammy_2')

*NEXT*

For all the people that like using the mouse settings, or the d-pad settings but find it would be great to be able to switch on the fly (each can work better in different situations), take the attached file (Chfingermouse) place it in 'My Device > Windows > Start Menu > Programs' and then map it to a button (I use camera)! Works GREAT!!!

More to come!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Chgfingermouse.zip (1.8 KB, 752 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Samsung Today 2.zip (387 Bytes, 936 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 03-18-2009 at 04:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 23 times.