Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
XV6700Dummy
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

XV6700Dummy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Error 120 fixed but now error 150

ok, since I've gotten it to flash none of the ## numbers, like debug/feature, or even 778, work

thinking I'll try again and fight it to see if the Verizon version will flash unless somebody has an idea of how I can make these features work. All the descriptive info of the Verizon cab files really do not make it clear of what they actually do or don't do.

I used the 755 rom since most of what I read said the latest one was buggy.

I'm also unable to find a list anywhere of the differences between the various ROMs and it would be nice to know what's actually included in them.

I didn't try any of the nue stuff because they all required the package installer but upon poking around, I see two nue programs already on it so I'll assume the package loader really wouldn't be required to try out some of those interesting seeming programs.......

I did download the latest verison of the BuildOS on a Vista Professional machine and I'll note that it would not display the sizes of anything including the base rom or any add-ons.

Also along the lines of constructive criticism, it would be nice, upon selecting a specific device, if the subsequent build kitchen that loaded; omitted stuff already included, listed what's included, and only "offered" what will work for the device specific application.

Anyhow, very cool stuff and I am going to try a few more things. I also wonder if it's possible to "import" some of the various freeware into the kitchen to substitute for the pre-packaged choices.

Thanks and if you have any suggestions about which RUU or such that I need to try to make the Verizon version work on this phone, that would be great along with perhaps some dummy targeted techno speak on how one goes about ciphering details like that.

Thanks again.

Last edited by XV6700Dummy; 01-02-2009 at 07:20 PM.