View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 AM
cruiser78
PPCGeeks Regular

cruiser78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Better SMS Backup?

I use PIM Backup to save my texts between flashes and noticed that I had the same problem. I've noticed the same thing that for some reason, the first time you restore the texts, they do like you say with grouping all the texts you've sent and the other person has sent together. I've figured out that if you restore 3 times it seems to work the 3rd time... every time. Restore once, then open PIM Backup again and restore your texts again and when it asks what method to use for inserting, choose the option to delete all messages first, then repeat again. Open up the messages program and go to your texts and you will most likely see that there is none showing up but at the bottom it says the number of texts in your inbox. Let it sit for a bit and it should start populating the screen with all of your restored texts in the right order. You'll see the texts moving around in their order as newer ones are added to the thread. Once everything stops moving, your good to go. I normally check the messages program between restores just in case it worked the first or second try. The odd time it works the first time around, sometimes the second, and I haven't ever had to do it more than 3 times as long as I didn't try to open the text inbox from the TF3D tab. If you do that, you'll be back at square one with the texts grouped together like on the first restore. (In my experience anyways.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.