View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 03:07 AM
MrHawaii
No Mo' WinMo :(

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide to Answer off Touch HD working

I have been working on this too. When I installed those files I noticed that they were ginourmous and thought that we do not need all those files since most should be in the phone. I have extracted the files from the second CAB you posted to install. Originally there was over 200 files and it would take up over 10 MB of RAM. I got it down to 13 files and just over 2 MB of RAM and it still works. You do not have to install the first PATCH file.

I have been installing the CAB on my phone, then I would do a hard reset to wipe it out. Remove some of the files from the CAB and reinstall to ensure it works still. Again repeating the hard reset, edit CAB, install process. Done it over a dozen times and here is where I am at. Slide to Answer/Ignore still works, GSM stuff are still there (video calling, different buttons when in call, etc.), and ## codes still do not work. If anyone wants to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=18

***EDIT***
Also, I have noticed that these files still do not uninstall properly. After installing a CAB, I would try to uninstall it (phone says program removed sucessfully, soft reset must be done), then soft reset and install modified CAB. I noticed I would get errors saying the new CAB can not install successfully. But if I do and Hard Reset and install same CAB it installs with no problem. Thus, that is why I have been hard resetting phone after each modified CAB. Again, thanks if anyone is willing to help.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-30-2008 at 03:15 AM.