View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:03 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Maps AGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmccormick View Post
Sorry I put this in upgrades, I meant to post in the TP root.

Before I got the TP I tried out the G1 on TMo. It's google maps allowed you to get an idea of location (within a large circle) without enabling the GPS. Once you enabled the GPS, it was much more accurate.

Our Google Maps app has a location button, but if you click it without enabling GPS it says it is currently unavailable. In the older version of Google Maps, clicking the location button without first enabling the GPS said something like "Location is not supported on your device". Basically, the location button is designed to somehow figure out aproximate location without using the real GPS reciever, but it doesn't work with the TP. I was just wondering if it was possible to make it work.

Wow, I never knew that. Hmmmm..... THis is still a good question for GC or Bored. I think either of them could answer it.

Donations always accepted but never expected!