View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM
chronster
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
It's actually only 620Mhz, barely faster, and it's underclocked to prevent overheating; as such, it's likely a bit slower than the Touch Pro's CPU. The iPhone UI is undoubtedly better, but I just had a friend with an iPhone drooling over the TP, using Skype over 3G in amazement, and commenting on the keyboard, so I'm not convinced of the iPhone's superiority in anything -but- UI. UI is of course a big thing, but if you laid a TP and an iPhone on a table and told me to choose one I would likely play with the iPhone for a few hours, then take the TP as the permanent phone. As for responsiveness, it's pretty darned good after installing the ati drivers and the sprint touch pro tweaks. Not as responsive as the iphone, but close enough that I don't much care.
i know exactly what you mean, I bought my brother an ipod touch for christmas. I played games with it for a few hours, surfed the web with wifi, tried to imagine it as a phone. I know exactly what you mean about taking the TP as a permanent solution. It feels like more of a tool. I definitely see where the mass appeal is with the ipod touch / iphone interface and apps though.