kmahesh
Lurker

kmahesh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Create .lnk Shortcuts - Very Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
Ok so i have OCN8 on my phone, but i has to load from a file in internal storage since its 1.4GB large...

i wanted it in my programs list, but i couldn't just copy the .exe (cuz i never really had an "installation" for the program)

anyways, creating the .lnk file is TOO easy..

To create a program shortcut, you need to create a file with a .lnk extension. The following steps demonstrate the procedure.
  1. Open Notepad
  2. Place the entire command line in the first line of the file, including the .exe file. You must use quotation marks if it resides in a directory with spaces, such as “\Program Files.”
  3. Count the number of characters in the command line, including spaces and quotes, to get the length of the string.
  4. In the .lnk file, the format for the line is
    <length of string>#<command line>
  5. Save the file and copy it to the "\Windows\Start Menu" directory on the Windows CE or Pocket PC device. This places the shortcut at the top level of the Start Menu.
Example
Here is an example of the above steps:
  1. Open Notepad
  2. Add the following statement to the first line of the .lnk file: 77#"\Internal Storage\OCN8\OCN8.exe"
    Note: There are 77 characters in the command to be executed.
  3. Save the file to "\Windows\Start Menu".
  4. On the Windows CE or Pocket PC device, tap the Start button to see the shortcut that was created. The name of the shortcut is the same as the name of the .lnk file, minus the extension.
Syanni -

I am having a problem with at stupid shortcut. This is what I did.

1. created a file called BBSecStop.lnk and this file has the following text

75#"\Program Files\FdcSoft\TaskMgr\TaskMgr.exe" "stopsvc BlackberrySecurity"

2. Copied this file to "/windows/startup" on my htc touchpro
3. I can see this icon on my startup menu.
4. When I click, all it does is it kicks off TaskMgr application.

But my ultimate expected result is that it should open the app AND fire the command to stop the service AND close the app. Even if it doesnt close the app, that is fine but the second part should happen. What should I do to make this happen?