View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 09:34 PM
xlittlelambx
N00b

xlittlelambx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wrong Incoming Text Time Stamp Help

I've searched all over, from Google to xda, ppc, smartphonejunkie, etc, but I have yet to find a solution that is to my liking. The regedit .cab file found on xda did not help me at all.

The problem I have is that my unlocked HTC Touch Pro (Bell) has incoming text timestamps dated 8 hours into the future. My time zone is Pacific Standard Time. For example, if I got an sms on 12/26/2008 @ 6:00pm, the time stamp will say 12/27/2008 @ 2:00am

The timestamps were fine when I had the stock Bell rom, unlocked at the time. But when I flashed my first rom (Juggalo's), I started getting the wrong text time stamps. I thought it was a rom specific problem, so I flashed to another rom (Juicy), and I still get the same thing. I also flashed to a 3rd rom (Ya 4 Juggs) and, yep you guessed it, wrong time stamp again. The 4th rom I tried was JD's and all these roms did not correct the text time stamp.

I then flashed to the Bell stock rom dump as a last resort, and it fixed the time stamp. However, the bloatware within the Bell rom is making my HTC TP quite slow.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. The stock rom seems to be the only fix I have at the moment. Can the developers of the 4 roms I mentioned give me a hand?

Thanks in advance,
-MW