View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 AM
boe
Almost a VIP

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't understand people who say you can't compare the two or it is apples and oranges. There are a lot of things you can compare between the two and some things one does better than the other -

Mogul -
ACTIVESYNC OMA full fucntionality - most important to me while the iPhone has some e-mail support it isn't ideal for those of us used to OMA with Exchange.
better for office docs
many more third party apps currently none for the iphone as far as I know.
can change battery
Keyboard important to some but not all so don't assume! Makes it thicker but gives you tactile typing which is good for some.
BT let's you do more but nothing well
faster internet access currently and potentially significantly faster later
Support for flash browser

iPhone
much better screen - twice the resolution of the mogul
Bluetooth headset is good for callers AND callees - not so with mogul
Much better web browser
much better form factor much much thinner
much much faster
much better battery life even though it has a higher res screen and faster processor
up to 8 gigs of storage on board
less likely to get a virus

While there are many more points of comparison - it shows that you can compare the two. I am by no means a mac fanboy - I support both PCs and macs and much prefer supporting the PCs but I have to give credit where credit is due for both sides. If MS can get their act together by this time next year I'll stick with them. if Mac can include full activesync wireless and faster inernet speeds - I'll switch over to the iphone2 and bitch about the limitations of the iphone.

I don't understand in many threads where people sound offended or indignant when people try to say one or the other is better - both have strengths and both have weaknesses - currently the OMA is most important to me so the mogul is a better choice however if the iphone2 has that functionality, I doubt MS will have all the other better things that the iPhone does/will by the time the iPhone2 comes out. I'm guessing the iphone2 will be out by this time next year whereas MS will probably not have WM7 out and even if they do what are the chances it will work properly when it is first released? It takes MS a very long time to ever release patches as they don't even listen to their clients about what issues they are having.