Old 07-08-2007, 09:40 AM
atsitalian
Lurker

atsitalian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice
You have to have your MSL number (which is the unlock code for programming your phone yourself) in order to change anything. You can call Sprint Technical Support and tell them you're getting Error Code 67 and can't connect to the internet on your phone. (Or you can just ask the rep to give it to you.) They should walk you through how to reset the data services by making you input ##3282# and then they'll give you your MSL number. Write it down as it is unique to your phone. Then you can hang up or whatever. That's what I did anyway. But go into the menu they were walking you through anyway and Edit the Mobile IP Only to Mobile IP Preferred. Save and soft reset when it tells you to.

You'll need to edit your registry. The only three keys in HKLM>Software>OEM>WMODEM should all be changed to Decimal 0. (Make sure at least Multi-NAI is set to 0 as that is the tethering detection)

Then just go to Connections settings and make sure Phone As Modem is the default connection for dialing up. Open Internet Explorer on the phone and dial up. When the connection is established, open Internet Sharing, choose USB and Phone As Modem for the settings and just start it and connect the USB cable.

That's what I did and I'm getting about 1 Mbps to 1.3 Mbps both on my phone alone and when tethered to my laptop, all on just EVDO. Can't wait for EVDO Rev. A!
electronicice YOU ROCK!!!! I have been fidgeting with this off and on since I got the mogul the day after it launched and all to no avail. I am currently sending this via my laptap tethered to the mogul with your tweak..... Thanks again