View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Lylej2k
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Moving On From my Titan.

Though its been fun modding, tweaking, flashing and hacking my Titan to the brink of death and back, I've decided to move on. I tried the Omnia for 3 days and had to take it back, I was disappointed. The Touch Pro from VZW... well we all know that story. So I decided to order a *putting on flame retardant suit* BlackBerry Storm and give that a whirl.

I read for days on crackberry.com. Read all the reviews, some good, some bad. It seems alot of the little bugs (laggy accelerometer, camera acting funny ect ect) are being addressed, in the OS upgrades. I've done one official OS upgrade, and I'm now running the latest leaked rom. It now rotates faster than my friends iPhone, and the browser is smoking fast, think opera mini but rendering on the phone.

It arrived on the 15th, and after getting it all set up I'm liking it. The lack of a physical keyboard was something that kind of scared me, but considering neither the Omnia or the Storm have one, it was something I'd have to get used to. Omnia vs Storm as far as on screen KB Storm wins hands down. The SureType keyboard in portrait is neat. Its not always 100% but its close and I'm getting used to it.

The lack of app development for the storm sucks, but its only been out for a month. The lack of "tweakablility" is something I'm still not used to, I don't know if its the way BB is, or if no one is diggin around alot on these devices.

Overall I'm impressed with this device, and will probably be keeping it. I've lost no functionality making the switch, I can still do everything I was doing with my titan, business wise, on the storm.

Fear not my fellow geeks (and yes I still consider myself a ppcgeek) I'm not leaving. I've been here atleast once a day, to check for new versions of my favorite apps, see what the buzz is, and just to see if people need help. I'm also thinking about trying out the kitchens, and cooking up some roms with some of the apps and settings I was using, just so people could see how I was using it, and perhaps show them something they didn't know you could do with it.

I've never been one to be a fanboy and I'm hardly ever brand loyal (there are a few things but that's beside the point) but if you're stuck on vzw due to contracts, work, best coverage in your area(me) or anything else I'd like to suggest the storm. Its a great device and its only getting better. If you don't like it you can always switch out

Many thanks are due all over the place, so instead of trying to name individuals, I'm gonna say it like this. To the owner(s) mods and staff, thank you for running one of the best forums I have ever been a part of. I've enjoyed it and learned so much, and I will continue to. To the members, thank you for making this place what it is, a community. Thank you for your help, your insight, patience and knowledge. With out it, where would we all be?

Again a BIG THANKS to all you geeks out there.

Yours in Geekdom
Kyle
Don't forget to hit the