View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 02:42 PM
fat boy
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WARNING, thumbplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchaz View Post
Typically the "free ringtones/games/apps" advertisements will clearly show the reccuring charge at the bottom of the page, something like "by entering your wireless number you are agreeing to a monthly subscription of $xx.xx" most people never notice it until they've been billed at least once if not several times. It's underhanded but legal because the person has to enter account specific information to get the "free" stuff. Some carriers do have contact info for the venders. Be sure to pass the warning on to family and friends.
It depends to, if you enrolled on the web or over the phone. Over the phone its supposed to be a lot more obvisous but not so online. For me I dont use custom ringers and don't believe I ever signed up for it.....thus the refund.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt