View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 02:33 AM
gadgetfreak
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remove apps that won't completely remove

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
I have a few installed programs that I want to get completely off of my Vogue. When I go the the Remove Programs and remove them I get a notification that it wasn't completely removed and asks if I want to delete it from the list of installed programs. If I select Yes it will go away but come right back... I made sure they are not running and then using TotalCommander I searched and found/deleted all files I could find and also did the same in the registry with RegEdit. But all attempts to remove these apps fails, they will not go away! What to do next?? (Without doing a hard reset)
As weird as this may sound, to get rid of those programs, immediately reinstall them after you get that message, soft reset, and then go to your Remove Programs list and it should be gone. I don't know why it works, but it does....

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!