Thread: Extended rom?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Extended rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Okay I finally figured it out after reading about a hundred pages of threads... ugh...

There are many options in the registry under HKLM\Comms...
If you set the AutoRunFlag to 1, it will BYPASS the autorun on every hard reset.
If you set the flag to 0 (or i imagine if you remove the key entirely) it will run the autorun in the windows folder.
It seems that it also ignores the registry keys that tell it to go to EXTROM, since newer phones don't have EXTrom... So for my purposes I just dropped the rom I needed into the "Additional Sounds" cab, modified the RGU to turn off the autorunflag, and had it run everything from the windows folder, ignoring the now useless extrom.

Hopefully someone else will find this useful someday, save them the hours of searching
No. That's not the way to do it. The way to do it is to include SDautorun (which will run against your SD card instead of extrom), or TierAutoinstall (which will look in a variety of places for things to install), or any of several other apps that do installs on boot. Building .cab files into your ROM is a total waste of ROM space - particularly on a space limited device like the apache.

You can still use extrom, btw - it's quite usefull for storing .cabs to install on boot. It does require a little extra knowledge to use, however.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-16-2008 at 04:41 PM.