View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 AM
gator2k83
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Thumbs up Solved HTC EXT usb multi adapter wiring colors! New pics and a video

I searched this site and PPC geeks for the answer and i was wondering if anyone knew what the wiring colors were. My other car adapter that i use broke so i am going to make another with this adapter instead of the multi adapter that has usb and the headset jack. However i want to be able to still add the mic in myself this will be wired directly into an aux in on my pioneer headunit. The other adapter has a loose jack and will only charge and won't put out audio with the multi adapter pluged in. It does play audio fine if the headset is plugged into the phone directly.

Here is my goal. wire it up to this adapter splitting the audio cables and running them into the aux in. Dismantle the stock headset wire only the mic portion up extend the wires and run it up by my drivers side visor. only problem is i don't have a way of testing what the speakers are vs the mic wires and or whats needed to be crossed for it to be detected as a headset. With just the adapter in the phone no headset hooked to the 2.5mm side audio and mic functions still come out of the internal speaker or speaker phone for music.

If i find a solution i think it could be made into a diy sticky for those who want custom hands free without all the fuss of expensive adapters as all thats required is some wire and minor tools minimal soldering and some heat shrink.

Device model is a Mogul from Sprint that i want to mod this adapter that came with the phone.

Last edited by gator2k83; 12-28-2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Moved Pics 2 diff album now located in newer post
This post has been thanked 1 times.