View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Palladium
PPCGeeks Regular

Palladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[App] G-Sensor Based touchscreen Locker

After a month and a half with the TP, I really wanted a better locker. One that would if the phone were in a given position would lock the phone if I forgot to. I can't count the number of times that I made "Case calls" becuase my phone resumed while in my belt pouch. This application works much better for me than the others out there.

I am still working on the UI (it's a bit plain Jane at the moment, but before I clean up the look I'd really like to get some feedback on the application and Ideas for the final "look" of the application.

Here is version 0.1.0.10. the First stable public Beta.

Once G-Locker is loaded, if you turn the phone in a specific direction the locker will engage. Then with a "flick" of the wrist in the correct direction, it will unlock.

The initial defaults are:
To Lock: Turn the phone with either long side facing down (or gently flick to the side).
To Unlock: "Flick" the phone in a side to side direction.

To adjust the settings lock the phone then press the Settings Button (You have access to the button for 5 seconds before it disables)

Available settings:
Locking Direction
Unlocking Gesture
Locking Sensitivity (gives some control over phone angle required to lock)
Unlocking Sensitivity (Controls the acceleration force required to unlock)
Number of Seconds to wait before checking to relock the phone
Options to:
Lock the Phone on Suspend
Check if the phone should be locked on Resume
AutoStart (NOT IMPLEMENT AT THIS TIME)
Lock the Panel when Starting G-Locker
Attached Files
File Type: cab GLocker.CAB (54.7 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.