ramborami
PPCGeeks Regular

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Exchange server and active sync help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bndfishing View Post
That is just what I want to do but I'm having problems.

In the TP active sync under options I have unchecked mail in the exchange server, but exchange server shows up in active sync when I sync with the PC. It syncs but doesn't put any mail in outlook (good thing). Can I get exchange server to not show up in the PC active sync?

Then a weird thing happens, the TP shuts down and starts to vibrate. The only way to stop it is to pull the battery.
From this post, if I understood you correctly:
1) Make sure to backup all your contacts/tasks/notes/calendar by syncing to your PC's activesync/outlook or to your Exchange Server.
2) Disconnect the usb cable.
3) From TP's activesync program, Delete the activesync connection to your workstation. This will take a minute and will delete all of your data from your phone, thats why Step 1 is to sync to your pc.
4) Now you should be at a blank activesync.
5) Plug it into your PC with usb cable.
6) When you go through the initial setup, your PC will ask you if you want to sync using Exchange Server... SAY NO or select the drop-down boxes under each item (calendar, email, tasks, etc) to make them say "This Computer" instead of "Exchange Server". Uncheck the items that you dont want sync'd.
7) After a successful sync, now your desktop pc will be sync'd with your TP using Outlook only for those items that you checked.
For the items that you didnt checkmark, you should checkmark those under your Exchange Server Source in your TP's activesync
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
This post has been thanked 1 times.