View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 04:09 PM
bones20
PPCGeeks Regular

bones20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Liquid damage

My Mogul is damaged by water. I had to carry the phone in the bathroom and kept it well away from the pool of water near the sink. When I picked up the phone after my job, I saw it was lying in a pool of water around 1-2 mm deep. I didnt think It would have damaged the phone. However when I turned on the phone:

1. None of the buttons were working. I switched it off took off the battery to see the water had seeped inside. i cleaned it up and turned it on back again. Was happy to find that the buttons were working

2. Happiness was short lived. When I put it to charge, I found the charge yellow LED blink and saw that WM6 was not indicating charge. I called up Sprint. they asked me to take it to corporate store. I went to Sprint and picked up the phone after an hour. Technician reported that the phone is working fine. He hard reset it with new ROM but also pointed out that the phone has liquid damage indicated by a red marker on phone board. He said that the manufacturer warranty is void.

3. I thought the phone was still working fine. However, I found that the camera doesnt work anymore. Either it works fine very occasionally or it opens up and freezes the screen or it gives a message saying cant initialize the camera. Now that Sprint already knows about the liq damage, I called up HTC. they asked me to send the phone to their outsourced warranty/service dept. They asked me to ship the phone at my cost and that I will be without a phone for 2-3 weeks. even after that I cam sure they will walk away saying liquid damage.

So basically I am screwed and left with a damaged phone with lost warranty.

My only bet now is that my VISA extended warranty will kick in next June 2009 after the manufacturer warranty expires and I can try my luck to see if Visa is able to neglect that and get my phone fixed.

mean while does anybody have any street smart suggestion/workaround to this?