View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 PM
wavezero
Regular 'Geeker

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup so

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
This is my original question:

Under Settings>Personal [tab]>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications [tab]>Messaging: New text message [pull down box]:

There is a setting for "Flash light for" with a checkbox and pull-down box. The setting is grayed out, the box is checked and pull-down is at 5 minutes.

How do I "ungray" this option and change the duartion of the LED flash? Something in the registry?

This is what I found:

Voicemail:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

SMS/text message
HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

There are other keys that govern other notifications.

Changing the "Duration" will change the LED flash time
Removing the "AvailableOptions" DWORD will un-gray all options except "repeat for"

----------------------------------------------
I have played around with these and it is still no different than it was out of the box: Missed Calls and Texts- light will dance around the keypad until the notification is cleared. But for VM and emails it pulses for exactally two minutes. I changed the duration to 5, still exactally two minutes. any ideas...?