View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 AM
majorassface
Regular 'Geeker

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you install programs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladius View Post
Feels like a silly question, please pardon my ignorance! I checked the FAQ and searched the forums but I guess this is something so elementary it's not described step-by-step.

I just got my sprint touch pro yesterday and happily embarked on switching it over to Verizon, my current provider. I ready Noir's post pretty much to the end and when I went to start from the beginning, it got kind of confusing.

I downloaded all the required stuff to my Vista 32 laptop, loaded the active sync program, connected the phone but the programs do not show up in the "add program" section. Am I supposed to download it off the phone's browser?

I have a treo 650 and am familiar with loading programs on there but not sure how to do it on the TP. Any help to a noob greatly appreciated!
Two ways to load programs

1st connect to PC using active sync, copy the cab install file to your phone in any directory you chose. On the phone, launch file explorer and navigate to the program you loaded on to it. Click the cab file and it will prompt you where to install, ie phone memory or internal storage.

2nd same as first but connect without active sync by chosing usb drive mode, copy file to phone and install.

hope it helps!