View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Palladium
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Palladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BattLog Results Reports and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
So here are some interesting results... this has concreted my decision NOT to keep this phone afterall.

12/8/08 2:55:00 PM, AC_LINE_ONLINE, 4.169v, 330ma, 31.27C, 100%, PhoneCallTalking = 1
Starting weekly conference call
12/8/08 2:57:00 PM, AC_LINE_ONLINE, 4.158v, 687ma, 30.35C, 100%, ActiveApplication = Phone 
Phone is active
12/8/08 3:32:00 PM, AC_LINE_ONLINE, 4.007v, 577ma, 26.93C, 100%, ActiveApplication = Phone Text Messages
I responded to a text message--went back to phone
12/8/08 3:40:00 PM, AC_LINE_ONLINE, 3.919v, 487ma, 26.30C, 255%, PowerBatteryState = 1
Phone turns itself off, because it stops charging. Screen went off, and circle indicator went off. I tried unplugging it, and pressing the power button--nothing made it charge again. The phone was really hot, despite the readings here. (I think this logger has inaccurate temp readings.)
12/8/08 3:58:00 PM, AC_LINE_ONLINE, 3.915v, 594ma, 27.07C, 80%, PhoneCallTalking = 0
In one hour's time, The phone drained 20% while on the charger. I wish my call lasted longer, because this is when it starts to drain FAST. Another 20 minutes and it would have been down to 60%.

This is totally unacceptable and deserves a recall. I wasn't using Bluetooth, and I was using the WIRED headset. It didn't even have to power the damn earpiece.

It makes me sick to my stomach that such an expensive phone can be released with such a huge problem. All 6 of mine have done this.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to read the temperature of the CPU/Chipset. So we are stuck with only the battery temperature (which does not seem to track well with usage when on the charger).

Obviously something other than the battery temperature is causing the charging to shut down. It would appear that the power managment system begins shutting down components in order to reduce operating temperature of either the power managment IC or the cpu or Transmittter.

I don't know if your experience is like mine, but I only have thermal issues when the phone or data radios are active. I can push the CPU/PDA portion as hard as I like with No temperature Issues.