player911
Lurker

player911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro: Disable the Volume Keys & add hard keys functionalities

Here is the best solution for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=256525

It is called Smartskey. I use version .60 on the AT&T Fuze (Touch Pro)

It is a simply program that remaps your Volume Keys to Up/Down states EXCEPT while in the Phone app and/or Today screen.

Launch the program once and it automatically loads and start working. The whole thing is also programmable via a simple ncluded INI file. I like it because it works awesome while still preserving the Phone Volume controls.

Me personally, I don't like the Volume buttons adjusting my volume at all, so I disable the Volume adjustment from the Homescreen. In the INI file, make this adjustment:
VOLUMEONTODAY=0

You can also program the Dpad to launch programs similar to what a normal cell phone does. Which is great if you don't use the Dpad for navigating the Homescreen. Since we have a Touchscreen... I use rlToday that I made that has big finger friendly buttons. So using the Dpad isn't needed.

It has a much smaller footprint then AEButton+ and you'll notice a faster response time when using the Volume keys as Up/Down. With AEB+, it feels laggy... but not with this new app.

I've used this app on the Samsung Epix as well with great success also. A MUST have for anyone who wants to run lean. It is set to automatically create a shortcut for the \Windows\StartUp folder unless noted otherwise in the INI file.

To stop the alterations, simply run the program again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.