View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 01:37 AM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VGA touch screen: Larger OK button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobidutch View Post
I absolutely love my shiny new Touch Pro (Sprint, activated on Verizon), especially the VGA screen. But I constantly find myself trying to hit the Ok button in the top right corner 3 or 4 times before it takes, since I typically use my thumb for that.

Does anyone know of a utility that makes the touch input area for the Ok button a little larger?
You know why you want a bigger OK button? It's not because it's a VGA screen, because the button is the same size as all other phones. The problem is obvious if you open up your notes application, and draw a line from the center of the screen to the left side, in portrait mode, with your finger. Notice how it stops WAY short? Well that happens on all sides, (on most people's phones,) and that is why it's so hard to hit the OK button. If you load up WKTask, you will also find that it's a PITA to hit the actual flag on the start menu. Scrolling through programs is a real pain, unless you use your fingernail. It's just because of poorly-implemented touch screen on the Diamond and Pro series--both GSM as well as CDMA models.

As far as I know, you cannot modify the OK button, unless you run a program on top of Windows, like Wisbar or something that overlays.
This post has been thanked 1 times.