View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
xxxjdoggxxx
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: USBINPUT - Will this work on Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninllc View Post
So, I gave this a try and hate to say this isn't ready to work on the TP. I tried 2 KBs and 2 mice, both connected directly to the device and then through a powered hub. I believe this is due to the current config of the USB controller built into the TP. I'm pretty sure I remember reading, elsewhere in these forums, that the hardware should be capable but, the host function has been disabled. I hope this has help save you some time.

Please don't forget about the "Thanks" button if I was helpfull.
Well the way it sounds is that it is a software issue. I remember reading on xda forums about someone using a usb drive, i believe, to flash his pro but he was not able to get the phone to recognize it when it wasn't in the bootloader (my info could be wrong here i'm just going by memory). If that is true the phone probibly has some sort of usb host but it may be disabled. I wish I had enough skills (and time) to look into this further, hopefully someone else who knows what they are doing will look into this more. I think it would be awsome if I could use my Pro as a carputer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg2k3 View Post
Id just rather use the HID profile of Bluetooth. That works for sure with usb enabled keyboards.
I wonder if it is somehow possible to convert the usb from a touchscreen to bluetooth and use the bluetooth HID profile (probibly not just thinking out loud).