Thread: HTC Touch Pro
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 AM
darren.wlsn1
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HTC Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbunting View Post
Keep the 6800. I had 2 touch pro's that were total junk. I'm sure you can read about it here, if you find some threads that weren't deleted by the htc fanboys yet, but basically...

1) It heats up like a toaster
2) when it heats up, it stops charging
3) Battery depleats quicker than any ppc phone I have ever owned. I got about 30 minutes talk-time.
4) Drop it once, and expect major cracks/damage
5) Software is good, and it is a stable phone, I just can't overcome the first 3 issues.

The 6800 on the other hand has a much better keyboard (keys are bigger and easier to press, TP has a very stiff keyboarD)
and the buttons on the unit are nice to use for different functions.

The TP also unlocks when you bump the keyboard open in your pocket, which will cause havok.

When they get the issues worked out to where this can be a useable peice of equipment, I might try it again, but for now, my 6800 does the trick.
are you on sprint? my pro is close to perfect now with the fixes. battery still no great but, i have 2 now. p.s im from mountjoy pa