Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 AM
stevland
N00b

stevland is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neach
figures that telus felt it was better to rush the handset to market, rather than wait 2 months and release it with wm6... hehe

now, in the meantime - does the htc touch homescreen, etc. which was ripped run on wm5? looks gorgeous, and has all the features i'm wishing my homescreen had... not to mention wa2 seems to bog it down a ton... *sigh*
i'm with you, neach. got my p4000 and loving it. can't stop playing with it, actually. my gf is starting to seem concerned.

in my case, i needed a new phone and would not have been able to wait for telus if they'd held off to release it with wm6.

so i'm happy to have wm5. and from what i've seen and read, i don't think there is too much about wm6 to get excited about, except for a few minor features and a nicer vista-like gui. i could be wrong about that, having never used wm6, and i'm sure someone will happily point out what we're missing.

having said all of that, i'm a hopeless tweaker. and if telus doesn't release an update to wm6, i'll probably end up bricking my phone while attempting to upgrade it myself.

fyi i installed the new htc touch dialpad and comm manager tonight. i haven't tried the htc touch home screen, and i'm happily using wa2 and wisbar desktop. but it thought i would let you know that they both appear to be stable on the p4000 and i wouldn't hesitate to install the home screen (after running sbp backup, of course).

have you figured out how to replace the htc / telus / wm5 splash screens? i'm thinking that it would require unlocking the extended rom, no?