View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 PM
MILH0U5E
Regular 'Geeker

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Issue....

I searched for an issue similar to this, but couldn't find anything. Here's my problem:

I just switched jobs and went to a company that actually believed in using technology. I got my TP synced up with my company's exchange server through active sync yesterday. My phone worked flawlessly all day; receiving emails, texts, internet, making/receiving phone calls with a bluetooth. I plugged in my phone overnight to charge, used the home charger that came with the phone.

So, this morning I try to sync it and get a few error messages about it not being able to connect (#777 unavailable type of thing). So I soft reset and then sync it to get my new email. Throughout the morning I get emails and some text messages, but no phone calls.

Finally, I start getting some calls... But I can't answer them.... the phone will not let me pick the call up. I press the screen, the hard keys, and ignore... nothing works. Weird thing is that I get everything else, I just can't receive a call.

I'm running JD's ROM (the one before 2.0) and it was working WONDERFUL! Only other thing I really had was Diamond Tweaks and Grumps program.

I called Sprint Tech support, talked to a real nice guy probably located in Tenn or KY. After trying a few things the tech offered to send me out a new phone, then said I would be put on a back order list. Told him I would go to the service store to check if they could fix it, or replace it in the store. He promised me a follow up call later in the evening. Went to the store (after setting back to stock) and when I noticed how many people were waiting for phone service, I went to the store side to see if the phone was in sotck. Touch Pro wasn't in stock, so I left. The Tech called me on my way home, told him what happened, and he said he would order me a replacement. So now I'm on the backorder list for a new TP.

Sounds like the backorder wait is at 4-6 weeks, at least that is what this tech said... just a fyi.

So, anyone have anything similar?