View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:14 PM
syanni85
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Create .lnk Shortcuts - Very Easy

Ok so i have OCN8 on my phone, but i has to load from a file in internal storage since its 1.4GB large...

i wanted it in my programs list, but i couldn't just copy the .exe (cuz i never really had an "installation" for the program)

anyways, creating the .lnk file is TOO easy..

To create a program shortcut, you need to create a file with a .lnk extension. The following steps demonstrate the procedure.
  1. Open Notepad
  2. Place the entire command line in the first line of the file, including the .exe file. You must use quotation marks if it resides in a directory with spaces, such as “\Program Files.”
  3. Count the number of characters in the command line, including spaces and quotes, to get the length of the string.
  4. In the .lnk file, the format for the line is
    <length of string>#<command line>
  5. Save the file and copy it to the "\Windows\Start Menu" directory on the Windows CE or Pocket PC device. This places the shortcut at the top level of the Start Menu.
Example
Here is an example of the above steps:
  1. Open Notepad
  2. Add the following statement to the first line of the .lnk file: 77#"\Internal Storage\OCN8\OCN8.exe"
    Note: There are 77 characters in the command to be executed.
  3. Save the file to "\Windows\Start Menu".
  4. On the Windows CE or Pocket PC device, tap the Start button to see the shortcut that was created. The name of the shortcut is the same as the name of the .lnk file, minus the extension.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!

Last edited by syanni85; 12-05-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: found solution
This post has been thanked 2 times.