View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Hog.. How bout you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
I've gone through many cell phones in the past 5+ years I've been with Sprint, from the visor phone to the Hitachi G1000 I've never seen a device use more data than the touch pro. I noticed in the 15 days I had the phone I went through over 980 MB of data with no tethering or anything. I understand that the phone uses a lot of data with You tube.. and
I admit to using it like crazy in the first 15 days I had it but I'm just wondering what other peoples data usage is like with this device in a month.
The newer mobile browsers in conjunction with newer tech in phones these days enable the display of more info faster than ever, so doesn't it make sense that you're gonna eat up data usage a lot quicker than devices from 3-5 years ago? Not to mention we're viewing full web pages now instead of mobile versions... So I don't see why you're shocked at all... i think it's more about the user and less about the device racking up data...
but i use about 1gb without tethering in the first month.. probably gonna average 500mb