View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 09:41 AM
dsmason807
Lurker

dsmason807 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Way to Get a Sprint TP For Use on Verizon?

Two questions....

1) What's the best (read: cheapest) way to go about buying a Sprint Touch Pro to then use on Verizon? Ebay? Or maybe get Sprint for a month or two and then pay the contract termination fee (getting the TP contract pricing in the process)? Some other route?

2) What's the best way to get Verizon service without them getting pissy about the phone? I presume I need to get some kind of phone from them when I initiate service. Maybe I just order all the service features I need and get their crappy $10 PN-820 WinMo 5 phone initially?

For more background on my situation:

I've skimmed through the excellent thread on how make a Sprint (read: ungimped) Touch Pro work on Verizon's network, and I think I can handle doing that using info already posted.

But I currently have AT&T. Though their HSPA coverage is good where I work, I can never get much more than ~600kps, and the coverage is spotty at best where I live and play.

So I want to try Verizon's network for coverage and speed, and I want to do it with a Sprint Touch Pro. I may do a trial run w/ a Verizon phone for a bit, but if the service measures up, I definitely eventually want a Sprint TP.

Thanks in advance for any good thoughts...