View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Justin311
PPCGeeks Regular

Justin311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Serious lag issue, especially when using hard keyboard. Help a non-technical user? :)

I know just enough to get in trouble with the pro. Basically the main things I've added to it are listed below (see attachment), and I've disabled TF3D in lieu of ilauncher for personal preference.

But ever since i've really started using it, especially for texting, it is VERRRRY laggy. I slide the keyboard open and start typing, and it literally takes 3-5 seconds for my inputs to show up on the screen. Even half way thru a text message, if I type semi-quickly, the screen lags 7-10 characters behind what I'm actually typing. I'm not sure if it was like this before I added the programs to it, so I don't know if I've caused it.

Add to this, the programs seem to move like molasses when they're loading...sometimes half the screen will be my contacts list and the other half is whatever program I had open. It'll stay like that for 3-5 seconds then self correct - and in the meantime won't respond to any button or screen inputs. I have to soft reset about every 2-3 days to get the thing moving again. I don't remember my 6700 being ANYWHERE near this slow, and this is supposed to be the new and improved model, right?

So I'm wondering if I've done something wrong with the programs I've loaded, if I need to apply some of your guys' "tweaks" (like a custom ROM kitchen thing?) to speed it up, or if the device is just super slow and I need to get used to it. Any help is appreciated but step-by-step instructions are probably required as I don't know a ton about this phone but can easily follow instructions. I'm also afraid to lose all my contact information and pictures and stuff if I "unlock" the phone to add a ROM if thats necessary. Any ways around that?

Thanks in advance for guiding a newbie!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg programs.jpg (84.5 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!