View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 AM
maejrep
Lurker

maejrep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, after several hours, I still can't figure out why I can't unlock the ExtROM, even with the supplied cab. I can read the ExtROM, but I'm not able to make any changes. Apparently the exe doesn't do what it's advertised to do. I noticed that the 'MountAsROM=0' and 'secure=0' reg settings get reverted automatically after a soft reset, presumably by the OEM_FLASHDRV driver. I found a thread at xda-developers with a tool that patches that driver to unlock the ROM, but it did not work for the Titan. I actually could not find the original OEM_FLASHDRV.dll file anywhere. After running the patch, the file showed up in \Windows, but then the ExtROM was not visible anymore (even tried installing the certs that the author says are required, and still no joy).

Renaming the "patched" dll, followed by a soft reset, brought the Extended_ROM partition back, but it was still not writable. To the original author: What specifically is the unlock tool meant to do, and how does it do it? It's obviously not working, but if I knew what needs to be done, it would help get a little closer to figuring out what's going wrong.

Is anyone able to get the unlock tool to work?