View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Omnia reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorPDA View Post
syrguy1969, kyrumo, bwonish, and anyone else with the Verizon Omnia:

Can you comment on:
1) Reception/signal strength? How is it compared to other phones? I've only seen one review so far (Infosync) comment about the Verizon Samsung Omnia signal strength (http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...mnia/9938.html under "Calling"). He reported "reception trouble". This could be related to the reviewer being located in a Manhattan office, as his reviews seem to always report worse signal strength compared to other online reviews. I am located in upstate NY and travel frequently to NY city, NJ, Philly, so I'd like to have a signal all over the east coast.

2) Call quality and volume (incoming/outgoing)? Speakerphone quality and volume (does it distort at highest volumes??)?
You sound like me with coverage....live in Syracuse + travel to NJ!!! (and from your ID, we both work in the medical field) I haven't traveled with this yet, but so far the signal strength seems pretty good, certainly as good, if not better than any phone/PPC I have used!!!

Call quality seems pretty good from both ends, very loud at times!! For speaker, it isn' the best, but if you turn the volume down a bit, it is definitly workable!!

Quote:
3) GPS quality? Anyone use VZ navigator yet? It would be nice if this worked without any lag. Apparently works with Google Maps (http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...s&Number=31947).
I haven't used VZNAV, but thanks for this link...I read it, and can tell you I have NOT been able to get GoogleMaps to connect with GPS at all yet!!!!

Quote:
4) Battery life? Better than Diamond and Touch Pro?

I was going to get the Diamond or Touch Pro, but not too happy about the scattered reports of bad battery life, GPS lag, and poor signal strength. Thanks.
I can't speak in direct comparison with the devices you mentioned, but in the past couple days it seems to have a pretty good battery life. I have only had light call/text days because of the holidays, but I will keep my eye on it!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.