View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 08:16 PM
stroths
VIP & Master of my Domain

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Partially Working Keycaps Like Program for the Mogul

There is a program currently in beta development for the WM Treos (700w/wx & 750) that works like the old Keycaps program some of you may have used.

For those not familiar with Keycaps, it let you get a capital letter by holding down that letter and get the special character on that key by double clicking it (or vice versa).

I had been beta testing a program called MagicKBlite on my Treo 700wx and decided to run the executable on my new Mogul. Low and behold, it partially works. The capital letters work, but not the special characters. I take that back...the special characters work, but they don't provide the correct results.

The 6800 maps the special characters to different keys than the Treo does so it provides different characters. For example, the the special character on the "Q" key is "@" on the 6800 while it is apparently "\" on the Treo.

I suspect that you are going to add different keyboard maps for the different devices. Is there anything I can do to help get this function working on the 6800? It already works halfway.

Regardless, you can disable the part of the program that does the special characters and use it just for capitalization until they release a compatible version. Check out the link below for more details.

NOTE: I did not install the keyhook portion on the Mogul that was suggested for the Treo. I use a device lock program and it doesn't appear to interfere with it. I wouldn't suggest you install the keyhook either unless you have to.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=magickblite

EDIT: I checked the memory usage and its currently at 3.9kb on my Mogul...not bad.