View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 12:17 PM
bahl85
Lurker

bahl85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bahl85 Send a message via Skype™ to bahl85
Question Turning Screen's Orientation Help!!

Hi -

I am new to the whole PPC World, but I did decide to jump in and get the HTC Touch Pro from Sprint. I love it so far! =D>

I have a question for everyone out there who has one of these to see if it is just my phone or something I'm missing...

You know how on an iPhone, when you turn the actual phone so you are looking at it horizontally (instead of vertically like normal), the screen for the phone changes its orientation automatically? Can that happen with the Touch Pro?

My phone will only change its orientation when I pull out the keyboard for the most part. I noticed last night that when I was on the Opera browser with the keyboard pushed in, that my screen's orientation changed when turning it horizontally, but it wont do it automatically with texting and such.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this just how it works? It would be kinda cool to be able to respond to text by just turning my phone and using the larger touch-screen keyboard that you get when you are holding the phone horizontally instead of having to pop out the keyboard.

Thanks in advance!